As we know, the fashion world is 'future-focused' but gains a great deal of inspiration from decades gone by. Fashion wear for the feet is no different! I've collected a variety of vintage footwear images ranging from super-elegant to downright outrageous! One thing's for sure - ladies have always enjoyed wearing fabulous shoes!
If you're a footwear fanatic, perhaps you can decipher which decades these shoes originate from? No peeking now! Test yourself on your shoe knowledge and then find the answers below.
1) Suede peep toe with pink and raspberry trim. Jerro, c. 1932
2) Slipper with gold embroidery, Morocco, 1920
3) Suede pump embellished with silk rosettes, Emma Hope, c. 1980's
4) Wingtip with stacked heel, Francisco Pomares, 1941
5) Suede sandal with silver floral applique, Perugia for I. Miller, 1920's
6) Multicolour pump with perforated suede cap toe, Maud Frizon, 1970's
7) Platform high-heeled oxford, Miguel'lo, 1970
8) High-heeled unitone spectator shoe, England, 1905
9) Traditional Spanish shoe, 1890
10) Mustard yellow spike with triangle accent, Roger Vivier for Christian Dior, 1965-1966
11) Multicolour sling-back with gold metallic heel and trim, Manolo Blahnik, 1980's
12) Overscale duotone platform, 1971
written by Louise of Catwalk Creative Vintage